Here is the list of the 25 cities making the dubious list.
3. Detroit is the largest city in the U.S. state of Michigan, and the seat of Wayne County. It is the major city among the primary cultural, financial, and transportation centers in the Metro Detroit area, a region of 5.2 million people, and serves as a major port on the Detroit River connecting the Great Lakes system to the Saint Lawrence Seaway.
4. Flint is a city in the U.S. state of Michigan and is located along the Flint River. According to a study of FBI crime statistics by CQ Press, in 2010, Flint was named the “fourth most dangerous city in the United States.” In December 2011, Flint rose to the number 1 spot on the list.
5. Oakland is a major West Coast port city on San Francisco Bay in the U.S. state of California. In 2010, violent crime in general was down 27% and the homicide drop was the city’s fourth in a row. The Oakland police department is committed to improved public safety by increasing police presence during peak crime hours, improving intelligence gathering, and prioritizing the arrest of violent crime suspects.
6. Richmond is a city in western Contra Costa County, California, United States. In March 2010, #3 Most Dangerous City – Richmond, California The second California city in the top ten list of most dangerous cities in the United States ranks as number 3 in terms of auto theft and terms of murders.
7. Cleveland is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio and is the county seat of Cuyahoga County. In October 2010, Cleveland had two neighborhoods appear on ABC News’s list of ‘America’s 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods': both in sections just blocks apart in the city’s Central neighborhood on the East Side. Ranked 21st was in the vicinty of Quincy Avenue and E.40th Streets, while an area near E. 55th and Scovill Avenue ranked 2nd in the nation, just behind a section of the East Garfield Park neighborhood in Chicago, which ranked 1st.
8. Compton is a city in southern Los Angeles County, California, United States, southeast of downtown Los Angeles, California. In 2010, Compton Station area homicides were reduced by about 38 percent, with 26 homicides in 2010, compared with 42 homicides in 2009. This number is a 53 percent decrease from five years ago, and was the lowest number of homicides since 1972. The sheriff’s department reported: Taking into consideration the population changes, last year showed the lowest homicide rate since 1965. Property crimes also decreased.
11. Baltimore is the largest city in the U.S. state of Maryland. It is located in the central area of the state along the tidal portion of the Patapsco River, an arm of the Chesapeake Bay.
13. New Orleans is a major United States port and the largest city and metropolitan area in the state of Louisiana. The New Orleans metropolitan area (New Orleans–Metairie–Kenner) has a population of 1,235,650 as of 2009, the 46th largest in the USA.
15. Little Rock is the capital and the largest city of the U.S. state of Arkansas. The Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) had a population of 699,757 people in the 2010 census.
17. Buffalo is the second most populous city in the state of New York, after New York City. Located in Western New York on the eastern shores of Lake Erie and at the head of the Niagara River across from Fort Erie, Ontario, Buffalo is the seat of Erie County and the principal city of the Buffalo-Niagara Falls metropolitan area, the largest in Upstate New York.
18. New Haven is the second-largest city in Connecticut and the sixth-largest in New England. It is the home of the Ivy League school Yale University.
19. Hartford is the capital of the U.S. state of Connecticut. The seat of Hartford County until Connecticut disbanded county government in 1960, it is the second most populous city on New England’s largest river, the Connecticut River.
23. Newark is the largest city in the American state of New Jersey, and the seat of Essex County.
24. Cincinnati is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio. Cincinnati is the county seat of Hamilton County. Settled in 1788, the city is located north of the Ohio River at the Ohio-Kentucky border, near Indiana.
Incoming search terms:
- murder capital of the united states 2012
- murder capital of the united states 2012 list
- murder capital of the world 2012 list
- 2012 murder capital of the united states
- murder capital of the us
- 2012 most dangerous cities
- what city is the murder-capital-of-us 2012
- Most Dangerous Cities 2012
- crime capital of the us 2012
- 2012 Top Murder Cities